Adapted from Sally’s baking addiction
3/4 cup salted butter, softened to room temperature
2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup roasted pistachio, finely chopped
1/2 cup coarse sugar for rolling
8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy and creamy. Add egg, vanilla and beat until fully combined.
- To the wet ingredient, add flour and ground cinnamon. Slowly mix together and fold in 3/4 cup chopped pistachio.
- Turn the dough onto a floured work surface, roll into 2 8-inch log and wrap tightly with cling film. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Remove cookie dough from the fridge and roll in coarse sugar. Slice each into 12 thick cookies and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until edges turn golden brown. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in a microwave, 30 seconds increments. Stir to melt. Dip each cookie halfway into chocolate and sprinkle with remaining chopped hazelnuts. Let it set.