Reposted from Andre’s The Home Baker
2 tbsp black sesame powder
1 tbsp black sugar*
2 tsp natural peanut butter, such as this
1 tsp vegetable oil, to smoothen
50g glutinous rice flour
1/4 tsp wheat starch
5 tbsp water
- To make black sesame filling: In a bowl, combine black sesame powder, black sugar, peanut butter and vegetable, mix well until smooth.
- Divide equal parts and roll into balls. Cover with cling film and set aside.
- To make the glutinous rice dough: In a large bowl, mix glutinous rice flour, wheat starch and water. Keep kneading until the dough comes together into a small ball. Shape into a log.
- Take 1 heaping portion of the dough, flatten and wrap around 1 teaspoon sesame filling. Seal the edge and shape the balls gently.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add cane sugar. When it melts and water comes to boil again, add the rice dumplings and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until they float to the surface.
- Serve hot.
*Adjust the sugar accordingly to see how sweet you want the filling to be. I used 2:1 ratio.